MH Dalal Profile
Pioneer & Industry Thought Leader – Senior Living & Care
- Founder & Chairman Emeritus – ASLI (Association of Senior Living India)
- ViceChairman – Common Age (The Association for ageing among commonwealth countries).
- Senior Advisor & Ambassador – SWI (Standards Wise International)
- Chairman of the empowered expert committee formed by the Govt of India to formulate Standards for the senior Living and care industry of India.
- Speaker & Author
ARCHITECT & CONSULTANT
- Architect, Interior designer and project management consultant
- Designed and executed projects across 26 Indian cities
- Focused projects around health care (hospitals and clinics), business constructions to include industrial complexes, commercial office space, residential spaces,hospitality (resorts and hotels)
- Support consulting on structural, electrical, air conditioning, lighting, safety, security, automated setting, drain, water treatment etc.
Founder & Chairman – Interact Project Management Consultant Pvt Ltd.,
- Quality audit and certification, quality assurance system
- Project management & accounting
- Standard operating procedures, manual of operation and guides
- Consulting and advisory services for other architect projects.
- Pioneer in holistic services to senior living industry
- Conceptualization to completion of senior communities across India
- Conceptualized and helped launch of ‘Golden Nest” – a premium independent community acknowledged as a front runner in its category.
Recognitions & Media
- 1996Indian Architect & Builder – India’s premier architecture magazine from Jasubhai Media Pvt ltd., – profiled on the cover, in a feature, “Going beyond the brief”.
- Real Properties – Real Estate monthly magazine – featured under “Know him – Architect Mansoor Dalal”
Industry Forum and Interaction
- Speaker, moderator and panellist in leading industry forum business connect meetings
- InternationalReal Estate Summit 2008 by FICCI – moderated an engaging session on “Best practices for design and construction, relevant to India”
- FICCI Real Estate Committee 2009 – 10Committee members by invitation
Author & Credits
- Regular columns and articles on various aspects including quality, home décor,interiors etc.,
- Editing of “Ask me” a question & answer column for leading daily newspaper encouraging people to ask their queries and coming out with solutions or clarifications for the same.
PIONEER & INDUSTRY THOUGHT LEADER - SENIOR LIVING & CARE
- Created a new category – Senior Living
- Conceptualized and charteredASLI -the association as India’s premier professional trade association to represent the interests of business and consumers. Chartered a road map for professionally positioning, managing and running the organization and setting up of the ASLI Secretariat
- Moved the category to an organized sector and being recognized as one.A very challenging role
- Created a guide to membership and setting criteria for selection and a road map for the association to include leadership planning and management committee and continuity.
- Designed a reward program to identify/recognize thought leaders who have contributed significantly to this industry.ASLI Awarded lifetime achievement award to two distinguished professionals since 2019.
Creating a Category and Mindshare
- 2011 Hong Kong – Retirement Community World Asia – 2011:Moderated India specific panel discussion.Much before setting up ASLI
- 2011 India – Retirement Living World, India:Moderated the title discussion
- 2012 – ALFA (Assisted Living Federation of America), Dallas, USA: Presented one of the first white papers on the status of Senior Living in India
- 2012 Hong Kong – Retirement Community World Asia 2012: Invited for the second year in succession.Presented white paper on Status of Senior Living in India,the next steps
- 2013 Singapore – Ageing Asia Investment Forum: Presented paper on senior living on the invitation
- 2013 Shanghai, China – 3rd Annual Retirement Living World, China: Invited to present senior living and opportunities in India
- 2014 Mumbai – International Conference on Senior Living,Chairman: First time in India. Global participation from 6 countries were ageing as a concept was defined.
- 2015 Pune – Australian Trade Summit on Assisted Living:Keynote speaker
- 2015 Perth, Australia – Commonwealth Association for Ageing: Invited to present a paper on India, ageing and challenges
- 2015 Bangalore, India –International Conference of Senior Living,Chairman
- 2016 – 7th Ageing Asia Innovation Forum:Nest, a project of Oasis Senior Living a finalist in the Independent Living category. (Amongst 150 entries from over 15 participating countries).The first time an Indian project was a finalist
- 2017 PDHCCI Delhi – Report Release and Seminar on Senior Housing: A Sunrise Sector in India.Keynote speaker. Released a report on the subject at the Forum.
- 2018 January – CII Task Force formed:Senior member of the task force. Recommendations on advocacy for senior living with the Government of India
- 2018 Berkshire, United Kingdom – Commonwealth Elder’s Forum National Care Forum Annual Conference:Invited as speaker in the prestigious event.
- 2018 New Delhi CII – ASLI Senior Conclave:Chairman and Keynote speaker.Set context
- 2021 India – Next step for regularization of the care and living sector in India:Launched first standards and accreditation program for the senior Industry.Pioneer and only accreditation program for the industry
- 2021 – Advisor and Mentor:5 Senior Care & Living communities as a pilot for the standardization and accreditation program.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Appointed as Chairman of the Empowered expert committee formed by the Govt of India to formulate Standards for the senior Living and care industry of India. Recommended the template and guidelines for base line standards which is accepted as a model for all categories of senior care.
- Vice Chairman – Common Age
- Commonwealth Association for Ageing – credited formally as a Commonwealth Civil Society Organization.Directors represent 54 countries on 5 continents
- Working with a mission of advocacy and on-ground involvement with industry associations and non – government organizations for seniors across the Commonwealth
STANDARDWISE INTERNATIONAL (SWI)
- Working on standards towards evolving Senior Living and Care in India into an organized sector and to protect consumer interest
- Evolvinga formal standards matrix for businesses to complyand support consumers to make informed decisions
- Extensive research and evaluation of standards matrix taking into account criteria’s, indicators, and evidence relevant, unique and sensitive to the Indian context, culture, practices, and ethos
- Convincing and creating awareness for Industry players to meet the needs of this standardization
- Introduced and edited the first-ever Standards and accreditation programme for the senior living and care industry in India
- Ensuring Piloting of standards by members ofASLI. To date, this is the only accreditation programme for this industry – Keeping in mind, strategies and alignment with a global roadmap to support excellence in senior living and health care
- The Senior Living Standards for India is a comprehensive tome of 110 criteria’s and 514 pieces of evidence. They enable providers of all sizes to self-regulate and continually stimulate improvements in the resident experience, safety, quality, design and practice.
- A special set of companion documents of 709 pages, has also been developed to support organisations’ fill gaps in their documentation to achieve and exceed the standards.
About Standards Wise International:
Standards wise international (SWI), is an international company, supporting excellence in senior living and health care. They are the leading international thought leader in the field of ageing and a champion of standards and quality compliance.
MENTORING & ACADEMIA
- By strategically combining ASLI with Common Age and SWI, evolving an extraordinarily strong group with significant expertise in the emerging sector
- Will be a catalyst to a defined and accredited senior living standards and matrix for India
- Professor and guide: Allana College of Architecture – M.C.E Society.AICTE (Accredited) and affiliated to the Pune University
- Mentor to the leadership team of ASLI
- Authored book – Visionwhich is a motivational book on achieving success with concentrated action.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & COMMUNITY ACTION GROUP
- Rotary International | Rotary Club of Poona | Past President and Rotarian for 33 years serving the society and business
- Held multiple roles within the Rotary community.Contributed to Rotary Foundation and recognized as a Paul Harris Fellow
- Involved in many service projects of the Rotary with the national and international grant.Key role in setting up the National Centre for Pre-Hospital Care and Trauma Management Centre in Pune along with global clubs (Rotary Club of Birmingham)
- Neighbourhood initiatives as founder President of the Kondhwa Mohalla Committee.
- Multi-Purpose Hall for St. Anne’s High School – Member of the PTA to ensure designs and execution of the hall for the school.